Let’s talk about Resilience today.
First of all, let’s define resilience: it is the capacity to bounce back quickly from adversity. In other words, it’s your mental toughness.
Are you resilient?
Are you able to get back on track when things don’t go the way you wanted them to go?
Do you get disappointed and have a hard time turning your mindset around?
I want to share with you a few thoughts that help me to stay focused during the times of adversity:
- Organize and gain control over your thoughts.
In times of adversity, our mind goes crazy. Fear will create false stories that will affect your emotional state.
In those times, you might not be able to see the real picture.
- Believe in your ability to figure things out.
Come on! You did it many times before. It’s not your first round, isn’t it?
- Be resourceful. Ask for help.
Believe me, there are plenty of people who experienced the same or similar problems to before you. Don’t be afraid to reach out to them.
- Be adapting. You can’t change what already happened but you can learn from it and make adjustments in the future.
- Be proactive. Don’t ignore your problems. Instead, figure out what needs to be done and take action.
I need your attention here!
Resilience won’t make your problems go away. However, resilience can give you the ability to see past them, improve your ability to cope, and find enjoyment in life after all.
Let me know your thoughts below in the comments.